Al Gore, Industry Thought Leaders Address Grid Future & Resilience
Texas Renewable Energy Industries Alliance (TREIA)’s announced the final lineup for its 3rd Annual GridNEXT conference today, with a focus on moving to a carbon-free and more resilient grid for Texas. The event will be held October 23 & 24 at the Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center in the 100% renewable energy city of Georgetown, Texas. Former Vice President Al Gore will be the special keynote speaker on the opening day of GridNEXT. See below for some of the other energy grid heavy-hitters who will address the conference. Check here for details: http://www.treia.org
View Agenda: http://www.treia.org/agenda-2017/
Some Highlights Include:
- Cleantech Open Pitch Competition: Some of the brightest entrepreneurs in Texas give their best shot in pitching a panel of judges with new ideas for clean energy solutions.
- The Present and Future State of Utilities: by CPS Energy
- Fireside Chat with Gavin Bade, Editor, Utility Dive and Jan Vrins, Global Energy Practice Leader, Navigant, on Decarbonization and Power Sector Resilience.
- Cities in the Drivers’ Seat – Leading Transformation to a Cleaner Grid: Texas City Leaders discuss ways their cities are keeping their commitments to enact green energy policies.
- A free screening of Gore’s new film, An Inconvenient Sequel will be co-hosted by GridNEXT and Southwestern University on Sunday, October 22nd as part of the pre-conference offerings. The film features Gore’s recent visit to Georgetown, to talk with city leaders about their success after converting to 100% renewable energy. Watch a clip here. http://www.treia.org/special-film-screening/