The presentation of the 2014 TREIA Awards took place at the Texas Renewables 2014 conference during the Appreciation Luncheon on Wednesday, November 5, at the Sheraton Dallas hotel.
During this event, the winners were congratulated and the awards were presented by Cynthia Redwine-Martinez, General Counsel, Meridian Solar, TREIA Awards Committee chair, and Hala Ballouz, President, Electric Power Engineers, Inc., TREIA President. Below is a list of the awards and their winners:
• 2014 Local Advocacy Award received by North Texas Renewable Energy Group (NTREG)
• 2014 Local Collaboration of the Year Award received by North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG)
• 2014 Pushing the Envelope Award received by Austin Energy and Recurrent Energy
• 2014 Project of the Year Award received by First Solar on their Barilla Solar Project
• 2014 Member of the Year Award received by Melissa Miller at Miller Wind & Renewables, LLC
In addition to the above, The Charles H. Freeman Award, which has only been given twice by the Board of Directors of TREIA in memory of Charles (founder of Electric Power Engineers, Inc) who passed away in 2004 during his 3rd term as TREIA president, was presented to Hala Ballouz. The award is given in recognition of a member who has contributed exceptional service and commitment to TREIA, helping it accomplish its goals while emphasizing the purposes and benefits of TREIA’s organization which were penned by Charles himself before his passing. Below is a picture of Hala receiving the Charles H. Freeman Award. For more information on the event, please visit the website.